On this page:
- Welcome to the 2019 AR-AER Conference
- Mobile Bidding with Bidding Owl
- Continuing Education and Professional Development Reminder
- New Board Members Needed
- Congratulations to the 2018 AR-AER award recipients
Want to schedule a one-on-one session with one of our vendors? Click here to reserve your spot, and you’ll even get CEUs for your session!
Welcome to the 2019 AR-AER Conference
“What’s New On the Scene in 2019”
The 2018-19 AR-AER Board of Directors would like to welcome each of you to the 2019 conference. Please be sure to visit all our knowledgeable vendors to see the latest and greatest technology, instructional materials, and other special resources. You will find the vendors from 1pm Thursday afternoon till Friday afternoon at 5pm. In addition to the vendor time built into the schedule, we are again offering CEU credits for scheduled one-on-one vendor consultation and demonstrations. These individual sessions are by appointment during other concurrent and general sessions. Vendors have sign-up sheets for each of the session time slots. Each vendor will only be able to issue one CEU sticker for each individual session. We are excited about this initiative and hope it will continue to grow each year. Thanks again, vendors!
The Silent Auction is also set up in the vendor area. Please support our efforts to raise money for scholarships and awards by bidding on these items via Bidding Owl. The bidding will open Thursday morning and wrap up Friday at 3:45.
Don’t miss the Social Thursday evening from 4:15-6:00 pm in the vendor area. This is an opportunity to network with friends and colleagues. There will be delicious appetizers and a cash bar.
Stock up on raffle tickets at the registration table and in the vendor area until the drawing begins at the social.
The Awards Luncheon is set for 12:15 Friday in Ballroom A. This is a special time to honor the outstanding members of our field.
Thank you so much for attending the conference this year. It is truly an honor serving alongside the rest of you in this great profession!
See you next year!
Mobile Bidding with Bidding Owl
Follow these instructions to bid on items at the 2019 AR-AER Silent Auction.
- Enter www.biddingowl.com into your browser’s address field.
- Click on BIDDER SIGN UP or the GEAR to sign up or sign into your account.
- Once signed in, click on the MENU button in the left hand corner of the screen.
- Click AUCTIONS and SEARCH for Arkansas AER to find our auction.
- Browse the Categories in the silent auction.
- Select the item you like to bid on.
- Enter correct BID AMOUNT into the field provided.
- Click BID and CONFIRM bid.
- Congratulations, you are the High Bidder for the item!
Good to Know
- Click the GEAR in the upper right corner to SEE YOUR BIDS at any time.
- AER Volunteers will assist in CHECK OUT at the END of the auction.
- If you DO NOT have access to a SMART PHONE or LAPTOP, an AUCTION VOLUNTEER can help you PLACE A BID.
- In order to receive TEXT MESSAGE NOTIFICATIONS if you have been outbid, enter your phone number and cell phone carrier under ACCOUNT DETAILS.
- View your BID STATUS and BID HISTORY by clicking on MY BIDS.
Continuing Education and Professional Development Reminder
ACVREP, CRC and ADE Sanctioned
Attendees planning to receive ACVREP, CRC, or ADE continuing education credit must attend sessions in their entirety. Sign in/sign out sheets must be signed for each session. A session facilitator will distribute attendance stickers at the conclusion of each session. Attendance records must be submitted to Sandee Pinkstaff, the Conference Committee CE Coordinator, at the close of the conference; no late submissions will be accepted. ACVREP, CRC and ADE have approved 12 clock hours of CE if all sessions and the Pre-Conference Workshop are attended.
Conference attendees who are not ACVREP, CRC or ADE certified do not need to track attendance in the manner outlined above. They should consult with their employers for instructions on attendance documentation. Generally, this is handled in-house and is not part of the AR-AER attendance verification procedure.
New Board Members Needed
The Arkansas chapter is truly grateful to the individuals who volunteer their time to oversee the operations of AR-AER and to conduct the business of our chapter. Each year five board members rotate off the board, and qualified leaders are needed to fill their vacated positions. A treasurer and secretary must also be elected annually, and a President-Elect must be elected every other year. The 2019 board elections will be held during the annual business meeting following the awards luncheon on Friday, September 20. Nominations to be added to the slate will be accepted from the floor. All agencies are encouraged to nominate employees who are AER members to ensure that the Board represents our entire field. For more details, speak to the nominations committee chair, Eric Yarberry, or any other AR-AER board member. We will vote on:
- President Elect (6-year term)
- 5 at-large board members (2-year terms)
Congratulations to the following
2018 AR-AER award recipients:
|J. Max Woolly Award:||Not awarded|
|Joyce Ogburn Award:||Tiffany Moore|
|Bill Tomlin Scholarship:||Beau Stevens|
|Tom Phifer Award:||Not awarded|
|APH Wall of Legends/AR-AER Hall of Fame:||Luanne Blaylock|
|Arkansas Distinguished Advocate (Business):||Vince Cianfrone|
|Arkansas Distinguished Advocate (Individual):||Tim Collier|
A special thanks is given to the awards committee, chaired by Everett Elam, who will lead in the presentation of the 2019 AR-AER awards at our annual Awards Luncheon on Friday. Please plan to attend to show your gratitude to the worthy recipients of these distinguished awards of recognition of excellence in our field.